COVID-19 Update from New Hazlett
Effective May 1, 2022, The New Hazlett Theater’s health and safety requirements including proof of vaccination and masking will be determined on a per-event basis, as set by the artist or rental company. Health and safety requirements will be provided below as well as noted in pre-show communications.
We will continually monitor CDC, state, and local health mandates and adjust our policy as necessary. Any updates will be noted on individual event pages and in pre-show emails.
- Front Porch Theatricals’ A Man of No Importance | May 20–29, 2022
- Pittsburgh Festival Opera’s Legends in the Limelight: Marianne Cornetti | July 1, 2022
- Pittsburgh Festival Opera’s Divas After Dark: Cabaret Concert with Young Artists | July 2, 2022
- Pittsburgh Festival Opera’s The Telephone | July 3–5, 2022
- Pittsburgh Festival Opera’s Showcase Concert with Young Artists: Act 1 | July 8, 2022
- Pittsburgh Festival Opera’s Rapunzel | July 9, 2022
- Pittsburgh Festival Opera’s Showcase Concert with Young Artists: Act 2 | July 10, 2022
For events requiring masks and proof of vaccination, please refer to the policy below:
Guests must be fully vaccinated and must show proof of vaccination prior to entering the New Hazlett Theater.
“Fully vaccinated” means on the day of the performance date as shown on the valid ticket, a guest is:
- at least 14 days after their second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine, or
- at least 14 days after their single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
Proof of vaccination must come directly from the healthcare provider that performed the vaccination. Guests may display proof on a smartphone or present a physical copy.
Guests who are not fully vaccinated must provide proof of one of the following instead of evidence of vaccination:
- negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of the performance start time, or
- negative COVID-19 antigen test taken within 24 hours of the performance start time
- COVID-19 tests must be administered by an official testing center. Self-administered tests will not be accepted.
With their proof of vaccination, guests 18 years or older must also present a government-issued photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport. Guests younger than 18 may use a government-issued photo ID or school photo ID.
Guests under 12 must be vaccinated or tested and accompanied by an adult who meets the above requirements.
Entry will be denied for guests who do not provide the required documentation.
If a guest is denied entry, they will be offered the option to return to another performance with the required documentation, provided with information on a virtual option (if available), issued a credit for the price of their ticket, or issued a refund.
All guests, staff, volunteers, and artists will also be required to wear masks while indoors, with the sole exception of artists when performing on stage. Artists will be masked when off-stage.
New Hazlett team members will be fully vaccinated:
- Full-time and part-time employees, barring legal exemption
- Volunteers working at the New Hazlett, including volunteer ushers
All creative teams, including artists, crews, designers, sub-contractors, and volunteers must be fully vaccinated or provide negative test results as detailed above. Due to the length of some engagements, repeated testing may be necessary. Presenters are required to collect proof of vaccination or negative test results, and affirm to the Theater that they are in compliance prior to load-in.
These policies apply to all events where proof of vaccination is required by the artist or rental company.
For questions and concerns about COVID-19 safety procedures please contact the box office at 412.320.4610