COVID-19 Update – New Hazlett Theater
THE NEW HAZLETT THEATER IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. ALL EVENTS HAVE BEEN POSTPONED OR CANCELLED.
The New Hazlett Theater has been closely following the information and recommendations that have been communicated by the CDC regarding the COVID-19 virus. This is a fluid situation, and updates will be published as they occur.
We have taken the following actions to minimize the potential spread of the virus:
- All public areas have been equipped with hand sanitizer available for public and personnel use.
- Door handles, restroom stall doors, countertops, floors, handrails, and armrests in the theatre are being disinfected before and after all public events.
- Patrons are being offered sanitary wipes at the door of the house in order to further wipe down their seating area as they see fit.
- Signs have been posted in all restrooms regarding the procedures for thorough hand washing.
- Employees have been informed that they should stay home if they are sick, seek medical care, and remain at home for the CDC’s current recommended time period before returning to work.
We are encouraging healthy behavior for staff, artists and audiences. Ways that we can work together to prevent the spread of the virus at community events are:
- Staying home and encouraging those around you to stay home when they are sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and discard them.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close physical contact with other people.
We have put in place all of the recommended practices around this virus. At this time, all performances are currently proceeding as scheduled. However, if you are experiencing a fever or cough at the time of your scheduled performance, we encourage you to stay home. Each organization presenting at the New Hazlett has their own ticketing and refund policies. If you have specific questions, please visit the individual events on our website.
While we cannot predict exactly how the virus will affect our operations in the future, we are prepared for potential disruptions. As new information becomes available, we will communicate any changes. For more information about COVID-19, recommended precautions, or regional updates please visit: