The New Hazlett Theater is the only performance space in Pittsburgh to combine a flexible, black box theater with professional staff, including Scott Conklin, our technical director. We provide consultation on audio, lighting and stage production.
Additional audio, video and lighting equipment are available from Hear Corp. Additional rental fees apply.
- Thrust stage with “In the round” configuration possible.
- Six-line set hemp fly system.
- Steel grid with steel pipe hanging positions
- Extensive package of theatrical lighting, sound and AV equipment.
- Full stage black masking and a full stage cyclorama.
- Multiple dressing rooms, restrooms, green room,wardrobe room and a rehearsal studio.
- Public amenities include spacious lobby, wet bar, concession stand/box office with coat check,
- Restrooms, and full wheelchair access.
- Reception capacity up to 200.
- Unencumbered entrance to 17′ wide loading dock.
- Scene shop with backstage build out area.
- Max capacity seating: 36’6” deep x 25’ wide
- Min capacity seating: 36’6”’ deep x 48’6”’wide
- Height to grid: 31’2”
- Height to tech rail: 24’3”